In ongoing collaboration with faculty and administration, the Office of Assessment facilitates the systematic collection, review, and use of assessment data to evaluate the extent of student learning in academic programs and initiatives. We aim to promote a culture of reflective practice and continuous improvement that guides instruction, curriculum, and programming decisions and leads to enhanced institutional effectiveness.
- Providing support to faculty members engaged in the assessment of program-level student learning outcomes (in keeping with the Academic Affairs Policy 2.04-4, Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes)
- Facilitating the ongoing assessment of UGA’s general education curriculum and institutional competencies
- Assessing the University’s Quality Enhancement Plan
- Supporting OVPI units in the design and implementation of outcomes-based assessment practice (in keeping with Academic Affairs Policy 4.14, Academic and Student Support Services Assessment), and
- Collaborating with key campus partners to employ a holistic approach to the assessment of student learning in curricular and co-curricular experiences.
The University Curriculum Committee and the Office of Instruction work collaboratively to develop student learning outcomes for university-wide academic initiatives, collect and analyze assessment data, and recommend changes and improvements to strengthen students’ learning and success.
Please visit https://assessment.uga.edu for more information and resources on creating and measuring student learning outcomes, annual reporting via Xitracs, and archived assessment reports.
The Center for Teaching and Learning also provides faculty development opportunities related to assessment. Visit their website, ctl.uga.edu, for more information.
If you have questions about assessment, please contact Katie Burr, Director of Assessment, at 706-542-3668 or [email protected].
University of Georgia
301 New College
Athens, GA 30602